One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A company's yearly report to shareholders, documenting its activities and finances in the previous financial year.‘sales rose to $119.8 million in 2013, according to the company's annual report’
- ‘Monsanto's 1966 annual report noted how U.S. farm policy was shifting from surplus control to increased production.’
- ‘The annual report tells you what VUWSA did last year, and how good its finances are.’
- ‘If the annual report did not include the CEO's report, management's discussion or multi-year summary, then you will need to get out your pencil, paper and calculator.’
- ‘Agway also filed its annual report and required SEC filing as late as possible.’
- ‘The Australia Council does not have data relating to the awarding of past grants in any form but its printed annual report.’
- ‘It must also list all works sold for more than $25,000 in its annual report.’
- ‘In their annual report for 1964-65, the trustees of the Tate Gallery announced their wish to demolish the gallery's portico.’
- ‘In a review of the company's most recent annual report, Mackey noted that Whole Foods had its best year ever in 2004, with 14.9% comparable-store sales growth.’
- ‘The Victoria University Annual Report for 2004 showed that student and staff numbers are up, and that the university ran a surplus of $11.3 million big ones.’
- ‘The co-op's 2002 annual report shows patrons' equity of $1.9 million and total assets of $2.5 million, a .75 ratio of equity-to-assets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.