Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘An example of the support of rebellion in the notes is found in that on Exodus 1: 19, where the Geneva annotators endorse the disobedience of the Egyptian midwives regarding the killings of Hebrew male children.’
- ‘These annotations are added by a team of expert annotators who extract this information primarily from journal publications.’
- ‘Collini's public celebration of the under-appreciated scholarship of editors and annotators is a service to the humanities.’
- ‘The notes by the conductor and by Tadashi Isoyama are interesting and go way beyond the usual historical perspectives provided by most other annotators.’
- ‘Automatic text-analysis tools can assist human annotators and can thus significantly shorten the time lag of functional annotations.’
- ‘He was a chronic annotator, editor and commentator, loving the detail of government but disliking the main business.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.