One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘Orchard's denunciations of the Liberals as pro-US ‘annexationists’ aside, his claim that the Tories were historically the party most identified with anti-Americanism is accurate.’
- ‘McKinley eventually instructed the American peace commission to obtain the entire archipelago, responding both to a burst of annexationist sentiment and to the lack of a viable alternative.’
- ‘It was only once the war began and Britain joined in that an extravagant pan-German annexationist program materialized.’
- ‘King Zog tried to reduce his country's economic and military dependence on Italy, but on 7 April 1939 Mussolini, spurred by Hitler's annexationist policies, invaded Albania.’
- ‘Armando Hart, director of the Jose Marti Program Office, has warned of the dangers of this diabolical annexationist plan not only for Cuba, but for the entire world.’
- ‘In September the annexationists of Avignon set up a club as a further sign of their determination to join France.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.