One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveZoology
- ‘At first glance, the animals in the annelidan and molluskan groups look like they have little in common.’
- ‘As a rule, annelidan segments are generated from a posterior growth zone, arising and developing sequentially, from anterior to posterior.’
- ‘Cell lineage analyses, mainly conducted on annelidan. and molluscan embryos, suggested that the ultimate fates of blastomeres are tremendously conserved.’
- ‘The annelidan affinities of the Echiura are further strengthened by recent work demonstrating a metameric or segmented arrangement of their nervous system as is typical of the annelids.’
- ‘The high degree of diversity of the annelidan nervous system may seem to weaken the power of the ropeladder-like nervous system to act as an apomorphic characteristic for a taxon comprising Annelida and Arthropoda.’
- ‘One widely-mooted suggestion is that planktotrophic larvae, typified by the annelidan trochophore and echinoid pluteus, existed long before the metazoan radiations evident in the Cambrian fossil record.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.