One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A segmented worm of the phylum Annelida, such as an earthworm or leech.
- ‘Arthropods, chordates and annelids are the three segmented phyla in the animal kingdom.’
- ‘The annelids include earthworms, polychaete worms, and leeches.’
- ‘Silurian ramphoprionid polychaete annelids, represented by their jaws, are described from extensive collections from Gotland, Sweden.’
- ‘The position and composition of these cells suggests that they are homologous to the gliointerstitial cell system of molluscs, sipunculans, annelids echiurans.’
- ‘After examining the opening of these traces, it is tempting to assign their origin to the behavior of vermiform borers such as annelids, sipunculids, or phoronids.’
- ‘Most biologists are familiar with only a few of the approximately 40 extant animal phyla such as annelids, arthropods, molluscs, echinoderms and chordates.’
Relating to or denoting annelids.
- ‘It is clear that two different hydrophobic motifs are conserved in annelid species.’
- ‘These genomes have remarkably similar gene orders to previously published annelid genomes, suggesting that gene order is conserved across annelids.’
- ‘If reptiles could develop into birds then annelid worms could develop into insects.’
- ‘When present, the annelid peritoneum either rests directly on the muscle cells or is separated from them by a layer of extracellular matrix.’
- ‘These differences in expression domains indicate changes in the regulation of these genes somewhere in the annelid lineage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.