One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The fully preserved historical books cover 480-302 and are organized annalistically, with Olympian, Athenian archon, and Roman consular years synchronized - often erroneously.’
- ‘An Atthis was a chronicle, organized annalistically by kings and magistrates, that attempted to record all facets of the local history of Athens.’
- ‘The other major source of eponyms, of course, are the classical historians, particularly those who were organised annalistically.’
- ‘Jacoby took this as confirmation of his theory, altogether preconceived, that the Atthis was composed annalistically.’
- ‘Unlike the Roman historians of the republican days who wrote their histories annalistically, that is year by year in sequence, this work is much more varied and informal with a slight tendency to write by plans and epochs.’
- ‘Unlike his predecessor, Herodotus, he didn't delve into the background but laid out the facts as he saw them, chronologically or annalistically.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.