Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘A preauricular approach was made exposing the ankylotic segment which was extensively resectioned and a new glenoid cavity was created.’
- ‘In cases of Temporomandibular tightness, the joint itself may become fibrotic, or even (in rare cases) ankylotic.’
- ‘The treatment plan provides the extraction of the ankylotic deciduous molars and their replacement with implant-borne single crowns.’
- ‘In adults, movement can be restored by removing the ankylotic mass with reconstruction using either a costrochondral graft or alloplastic joint prostheses.’
- ‘In 7 patients with 11 replanted teeth diagnosed with ankylosis (group B), teeth were extracted, ankylotic sites removed, and EMD placed similarly.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.