One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of spinal arthritis, chiefly affecting young males, that eventually causes ankylosis of vertebral and sacroiliac joints.
- ‘The human leukocyte antigen-B27 allele is associated with spondyloarthropathies, especially ankylosing spondylitis.’
- ‘Certain diseases like gout and ankylosing spondylitis are seen more frequently in men.’
- ‘The Cork plant produces drugs and pharmaceutical ingredients used in the treatment of chronic Hepatitis B and C, rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease, ankylosing spondylitis and psoriatic arthritis.’
- ‘Some patients with ankylosing spondylitis develop arthritis in the hips and shoulders, frequently early in the course of the disease.’
- ‘A less common form of arthritis known as ankylosing spondylitis may affect the spine and also result in pain, stiffness and limitation of neck movement.’
- ‘Sacroiliitis and ankylosing spondylitis also are associated with ulcerative colitis.’
- ‘These conditions, which also include psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis, can cause inflammation in the joints of the spine and legs and arms, and inflammation in other parts of the body.’
- ‘Uveitis may manifest as part of a systemic inflammatory condition (e.g., ankylosing spondylitis, inflammatory bowel disease).’
- ‘Other arthritides - Rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis - can also produce hip pain.’
- ‘Also called spondylitis or rheumatoid spondylitis, ankylosing spondylitis affects about 129 of every 100,000 people in the United States.’
- ‘There was a possibility of serious spinal disorder, including malignancy, osteoporosis, ankylosing spondylitis, cauda equina compression, and infection.’
- ‘Thalidomide may also play a role in treating arthritis-related conditions, such as ankylosing spondylitis, Still's disease and Sjogren's syndrome.’
- ‘After the season finale, 3B Matt Williams revealed he suffers from ankylosing spondylitis, a rheumatic disease that causes arthritis of the spine and sacroiliac joints.’
- ‘Patients with ankylosing spondylitis rarely if ever develop ventilatory failure without superimposed lung disease.’
- ‘A form of arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis (ang-kuh-LOE-sing spon-duh-LI-tis) causes the joints and ligaments in the spine to become inflamed.’
- ‘Irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis have all been linked to alterations in the intestinal microflora.’
- ‘There are two types of arthritis associated with ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease: a nondestructive oligoarthritis of peripheral joints and ankylosing spondylitis.’
- ‘Human leukocyte antigen-B27 is frequently present in ankylosing spondylitis and Reiter's syndrome, but the background presence of this antibody in white populations limits the value of testing.’
- ‘Genetic factors, infection and auto-immunity are thought to be contributory to the pathogenesis of ankylosing spondylitis.’
- ‘Ankylosing spondylitis is often thought of as an autoimmune disease - a disease in which the person's own immune system attacks their body.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.