Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Beware of Thick Ankled Women!’
- ‘But then Kadmos' daughter, slender-ankled Ino, saw him.’
- ‘So in one night Zeus shared the bed and love of the neat-ankled daughter of Electyron and fulfilled his desire.’
- ‘Where art thou gone, light-ankled youth?’
- ‘This article covers the crossed-ankled sitting position.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.