Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The gametes are isogamous or anisogamous and are produced from the plurilocular sporangia of gametophytes.’
- ‘These produce flagellated anisogamous gametes that are released into the water to find each other.’
- ‘These subsequent studies will allow him to compare the genetics of isogamous and anisogamous processes, possibly leading to new insights for the control of Plasmodium transmission.’
- ‘Using individual-based models we show that gamete size dimorphism frequently leads to anisogamous populations consisting of two types of genotypes that differ in the size of the gametes they produce.’
- ‘Chlamydomonas braunii is just like C. reinhardtii, except for the fact that it is anisogamous.’
- ‘Sexual reproduction is variable and may be isogamous, anisogamous or oogamous.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.