One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adverb & adjectiveMusic
(especially as a direction) in an animated manner.
- ‘Più animato [It.] A directive to a musician perform a specific passage of a composition more animato, or animated.’
A passage marked to be performed animato.
- ‘The same is true at the opening of the Finale: Allegro moderato molto e marcato, where even longer annotated phrase spans should exactly match with the lead in to the poco animato.’
- ‘In the concluding Allegro animato, he captured the Norwegian folk qualities of the music with zest.’
- ‘The music begins with an allegro animato which is reflective and oriental in its delicacy, but also contains more dramatic percussive music.’
- ‘Animato, also written as "con anima" literally means "with animation." A piece marked animato should be quick and lively.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.