One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In 1832 he had surmised cholera to be of animalcular origin, and later thought the same of tuberculosis and typhoid.’
- ‘That molecular was sometimes confounded with animalcular motion by several of the earlier microscopical observers, appears extremely probable from various passages in the writings of Leeuwenhoek.’
- ‘Bacteriology, and its forerunners from the 1840s (ideas of "specific chemical, fungal, and animalcular causes of disease"), also had an effect on ideas of universalised and specific disease causation.’
- ‘I feel the book also overstates Franklin's readiness to adopt an animalcular theory of disease transmission.’
- ‘Thanks to the diversity of natural and climatic conditions there exist the large number of elementary plants and animalcular organisms on the small territory of Armenia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.