Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘As predicted, patients with major depression scored significantly higher on the anhedonic symptoms scale of the Beck Depression Inventory (BDI) than did patients with schizophrenia.’
- ‘Anhedonic alcoholics may have blunted cortisol response to psychological stress.’
- ‘Among socially anhedonic individuals, only a minority shows schizophrenia-spectrum disorders.’
- ‘The anhedonic effect of illness and inflammation has received much recent research attention.’
- ‘Anxiety is the indicator of instability in the anhedonic state.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.