One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In addition, unlike the rigid-rotor harmonic oscillator method used in MM-PBSA, this method of calculating configuration integrals accounts for anharmonicity and has been numerically validated.’
- ‘The onset of the anharmonicity occurs at temperatures that increase from ~ 180 K to 260 K upon decreasing hydration from 0.5 to 0.1 g saccharide/g D 2 O.’
- ‘It is also of interest to examine the importance of correcting for anharmonicity with mode scanning by recomputing the binding free energies with the pure harmonic approximation.’
- ‘The temperature dependence of the FIR absorbance suggests that the anharmonicity of the conformational potential can be quantified, and requires more thorough measurements of this temperature dependence.’
- ‘The observed solvent coupling leads to the question of whether the dynamical transition in a solvated protein is controlled by the solvent or whether the intrinsic anharmonicity of protein dynamics also plays a role.’
- ‘Other studies reveal the properties of glasses made by one particular sugar, trehalose, in reducing the anharmonicity of slow vibrational modes of embedded proteins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.