One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A council area of north-eastern Scotland; administrative centre, Forfar. It was known from the 16th century until 1928 as Forfarshire, and between 1975 and 1996 was part of Tayside region.
- short for Aberdeen Angus
- ‘The single case of BSE discovered in an Angus cow in Canada should not trigger panic, the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation warned in a statement issued in Rome.’
- ‘From the heart of Montana comes all natural Angus beef, raised without the use of growth hormones or antibiotics, delivering exquisite taste and tenderness.’
- ‘Well I'm no expert but I'd guess sirloin steaks come from the loin, which looks like the bit I'd sit on if I was forced into a rodeo on an Angus beef bull.’
- ‘For lunch I had an Angus Beef Burger which was greasy, cold and the salad was wilted.’
- ‘Looking for a steak and seafood restaurant? Steak and beef from Black Angus are popular across the US.’
- ‘You cannot go wrong with this cut of Black Angus Beef. This flavorful steak is perfect for pan searing, grilling or broiling.’
- ‘Stuck in Oxford Street, I made my way to an Angus Steakhouse, nay, the very one that Ollie and I had lunched at during the summer.’
- ‘These burgers, however, are far from fast food fare, but instead an Angus Burger with Smoked Cheddar, Grain Mustard Aioli and Fries.’
- ‘We proudly serve only Certified Angus Beef, the finest quality beef available.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.