One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Caribbean island of Anguilla or its inhabitants.‘the Anguillan team was more physically fit’
- ‘A permit is necessary to scuba dive in Anguillan waters.’
- ‘More Anguillan women work outside the home than a generation ago, but men still comprise the majority of the workforce.’
- ‘There is a small financial services industry that the British and Anguillan governments are trying to expand.’
- ‘Agricultural production, for Anguillan consumption as well as for other islands, includes corn, pigeon peas, and sweet potatoes.’
- ‘To take advantage of the island's temperate climate, Anguillan buildings often feature balconies or terraces.’
A native or inhabitant of the Caribbean island of Anguilla.‘this is a time for Anguillans to celebrate their history’
- ‘He was the first Anguillan to be called up to the senior West Indies team.’
- ‘Anguillans always address each other by title - Mr., Mrs., etc. - unless they are on very personal terms.’
- ‘General economic and living conditions have improved for all Anguillans.’
- ‘For complicated or long-term medical treatment Anguillans must leave the island.’
- ‘Money sent back to the island from Anguillans who have moved abroad also is important to the overall economy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.