One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An English person.
- ‘Those days not many got an opportunity to travel abroad to play and if success was achieved, however moderate, on the circuit it was cherished like a badge of honour, treasured as titles bestowed on friendly princes by the angrez.’
English.‘the pukka angrez sahib’
- ‘So when Grammy-winning artist Steven Curtis Chapman follows with Rembering You apart from being a bit pacier, the only difference seems to be the angrezi lyrics.’
- ‘The saab had not been angrez at all, but French, and had come to India as a tourist.’
- ‘Even Indian English is subtitled for the convenience of the bleeding heart angrez liberal.’
- ‘If Hindi was what sold, ruled Rupert Murdoch then, let STAR News go all-Hindi - India's British angrezi tradition be damned!’
- ‘The Britishers left behind for us an angrezi hang-up, but many of us did not know that they carried back our spicy tongues in return.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.