One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An English person.
- ‘Those days not many got an opportunity to travel abroad to play and if success was achieved, however moderate, on the circuit it was cherished like a badge of honour, treasured as titles bestowed on friendly princes by the angrez.’
English.‘the pukka angrez sahib’
- ‘If Hindi was what sold, ruled Rupert Murdoch then, let STAR News go all-Hindi - India's British angrezi tradition be damned!’
- ‘Even Indian English is subtitled for the convenience of the bleeding heart angrez liberal.’
- ‘The Britishers left behind for us an angrezi hang-up, but many of us did not know that they carried back our spicy tongues in return.’
- ‘So when Grammy-winning artist Steven Curtis Chapman follows with Rembering You apart from being a bit pacier, the only difference seems to be the angrezi lyrics.’
- ‘The saab had not been angrez at all, but French, and had come to India as a tourist.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.