One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One young German conservative historian I met took refuge in Anglophilia - his England, of course, being an England of the past.’
- ‘In 1807 his Anglophilia suffered the shock of a morally questionable British attack on Copenhagen and the Danish fleet, undertaken to prevent a French seizure of Danish vessels.’
- ‘But in the three years that I've been living in Montreal, I can feel any remaining Anglophilia beginning to disintegrate.’
- ‘Cashing in on Japan's Anglophilia and love of manga-like fantasy, Potter has been cunningly marketed to attract a more grown-up audience than in other countries.’
- ‘If in England it rallied a demoralized citizenry, here in America it validated the Anglophilia of the educated classes and gave British imperialism a good odor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.