One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A goat of a coloured breed with a short glossy coat and lop ears, kept for its rich milk.
- ‘The Anglo-Nubian is the best suited of the dairy goat breeds in Australia to hot conditions.’
- ‘Most of his goats are of the Canary Island breed (like Anglo-Nubians) but he also has Murcian goats (like Golden Guernseys).’
- ‘These imports occur far back in the pedigrees of the Anglo-Nubians in New Zealand today.’
- ‘The Anglo-Nubian usually gives less milk than the Swiss breeds, but produces a milk of higher butterfat content.’
- ‘These are yields of outstanding animals, yet plenty of Anglo-Nubians are capable of daily yields of 4 to 5 Kgs and annual lactations of 1,040-1,250 Kgs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.