One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Occasionally, and very discreetly, the results are perused to discover whether certain ethnic students do better than those of Anglo-Celtic provenance.’
- ‘Australians of Asian ancestry - and indeed any ancestry other than Anglo-Celtic - will find an equality of sorts in their utter absence from Greer's narrative. They simply don't exist.’
- ‘Demographics indicate unquestionably that the independent (non-Catholic) private schools cater primarily to Anglo-Celtic children, predominantly those residing in areas of affluence.’
- ‘Whatever the current political climate may make of the pioneers who attempted to ‘open up’ the interior, that economic experiment was not solely a product of Anglo-Celtic ingenuity, effort or political hegemony.’
- ‘The constant depiction of Anglo-Celtic Australia and its history as flawed, regrettable and valueless creates a siege mentality that closes minds and shuts down any rational discussion of what it is to be Australian.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.