One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The angle between the line of the chord of an aerofoil and the relative airflow.‘move forwards on the stick to reduce the angle of attack’
- ‘The ailerons - the wing's control surfaces - remain effective at the highest angles of attack, and controllability of the aircraft is retained even in the event of airflow separating from the remainder of the wings' surface.’
- ‘Your aircraft's wing interprets vertical gusts as a change in the angle of attack, thus significantly increasing the load factor.’
- ‘Flaps can move the pitch angle higher toward the critical angle of attack.’
- ‘Do not use flaps - extending flaps increases the angle of attack of the horizontal stabilizer, which may also be damaged.’
- ‘A stall is nothing more than exceeding the critical angle of attack.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.