One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device with a rotating abrasive disc, used to grind, polish, or cut metal and other materials.
- ‘Then you walk away, prune your roses, change the disc on your angle grinder, come back inside and everything is back to normal.’
- ‘‘The presence of the angle grinder indicates that it may have been used to grind open the bodywork of a security vehicle,’ Zeelie said.’
- ‘He then launched a brutal attack on Mr Thomas using an angle grinder, similar to a circular saw, used to cut angles into metal and concrete.’
- ‘The court was told that the incident was sparked by an angle grinder being used to cut protective metal casing from a plastic container holding flammable chemicals.’
- ‘It was recovered unopened with £2,042 still inside but nearby was an angle grinder, saw and drill that had been used trying to open it.’
- ‘Southend fire brigade couldn't cut the lock and had to call in an engine from Leigh with an angle grinder.’
- ‘Here firefighters use the jaws of life and an angle grinder to tear the roof open while Alderson Ambulance's Pierre Crafford checks on the critically injured passenger trapped inside.’
- ‘Even if you don't need it, buy or borrow an angle grinder.’
- ‘They couldn't finish yesterday as planned because of the persistent rain which made it impossible to do any cutting with the angle grinder outside.’
- ‘Police area spokesperson Captain Gcinikaya Taleni said the men used an angle grinder and blow-torches to cut through metal security panels to get to the safe on the premises.’
- ‘The thieves used an angle grinder to break into the safe at Rathangan parish church last Tuesday night / Wednesday morning.’
- ‘A demolition worker who felled a speed camera with an angle grinder to avoid a £60 speeding ticket was ordered yesterday to pay £4,000 in compensation and perform 120 hours of community service.’
- ‘The 64-year-old retired teacher, champion of the elderly and Limerick Citizen of the Year has bought steel pipes and has begun cutting them to size with an angle grinder on a worktable in his garden.’
- ‘One was cut down with an angle grinder, three were burnt out with petrol-filled tyres and the fifth was blown up by dynamite at the end of last month.’
- ‘He went home and returned to the house of one of the group in Southend Road, Rochford, armed with hammer and the angle grinder.’
- ‘Test the floor hardness in several spots with a diamond cup mounted on a small angle grinder.’
- ‘It appeared to have been forced open with an angle grinder before the robbers stole the cash inside and attempted to burn all documents.’
- ‘Mr Lucas said: ‘I was woken up by the sound of the angle grinder cutting into the asphalt.’’
- ‘They found a large amount of equipment, including paint strippers, decorating tools, sanders and a large angle grinder, which was stolen from a building site in Surrey, England, the month previously.’
- ‘Gerald used an angle grinder with a 4-inch diamond blade to very carefully cut the tightly curved lines of the pattern into the surface of the slab.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.