Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A strip of metal or wood fixed to a corner before it is plastered to reinforce and protect it.
- ‘The expanded wings of angle bead provide an excellent mechanical key for most types of plaster.’
- ‘When I first inspected the walls adjacent to the administration block, and the mast wall, they exhibited cracking and curling of render at angle beads similar to that observed with the Pozament white render.’
- ‘We can supply expanded metal rib lath and expanded metal angle bead for construction materials.’
- ‘I guess I should have repaired the corner with concrete render and then fixed the angle bead once dry.’
- ‘Time permitting you will cut and fix your angle beads to your piers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.