Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘His contention was that angiospermous remains could not have occurred earlier than the Tertiary.’
- ‘Amber is the hardened resin of coniferous and angiospermous trees.’
- ‘At present the only safe conclusions are those concerning the climate and the predominantly angiospermous nature of the flora.’
- ‘Seed plants are also divided by gymnospermous plants and angiospermous plants.’
- ‘Five angiospermous fossil woods of Late Tertiary have been excavated from Xinzhow County, Hubei Province.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.