One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plant of a large group that comprises those that have flowers and produce seeds enclosed within a carpel, including herbaceous plants, shrubs, grasses, and most trees.
Subdivision Angiospermae, division SpermatophytaCompare with gymnosperm
- ‘Were the first angiosperms woody trees and shrubs, or were they small herbs?’
- ‘Simple trichomes are present on aerial surfaces of most angiosperms and on some gymnosperms and bryophytes.’
- ‘These data suggest that the enzyme is well conserved in plants and could play similar physiological roles in angiosperms and gymnosperms.’
- ‘A great variation in endosperm size is observed within angiosperms.’
- ‘Like other seed plants, angiosperms are heterosporangiate, producing pollen and ovules in different organs.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.