One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plant of a large group that comprises those that have flowers and produce seeds enclosed within a carpel, including herbaceous plants, shrubs, grasses, and most trees.Compare with gymnosperm
- ‘Were the first angiosperms woody trees and shrubs, or were they small herbs?’
- ‘These data suggest that the enzyme is well conserved in plants and could play similar physiological roles in angiosperms and gymnosperms.’
- ‘Like other seed plants, angiosperms are heterosporangiate, producing pollen and ovules in different organs.’
- ‘A great variation in endosperm size is observed within angiosperms.’
- ‘Simple trichomes are present on aerial surfaces of most angiosperms and on some gymnosperms and bryophytes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.