Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Surgical repair or unblocking of a blood vessel, especially a coronary artery.‘one of the commonest operations performed in the US is angioplasty’count noun ‘an emergency angioplasty’
- ‘This may require angioplasty or surgery to open narrowed or blocked blood vessels.’
- ‘Other approaches meant to improve blood flow are angioplasty and bypass surgery.’
- ‘A minimally invasive alternative to carotid endarterectomy is angioplasty and stenting of a carotid stenosis.’
- ‘Patients with coronary artery disease undergoing angioplasty should continue taking antiplatelet drugs as usual.’
- ‘Further cases may be detected by searching for coded coronary artery operations such as bypass surgery or angioplasty.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.