One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surgical repair or unblocking of a blood vessel, especially a coronary artery.‘one of the commonest operations performed in the US is angioplasty’count noun ‘an emergency angioplasty’
- ‘Patients with coronary artery disease undergoing angioplasty should continue taking antiplatelet drugs as usual.’
- ‘This may require angioplasty or surgery to open narrowed or blocked blood vessels.’
- ‘Further cases may be detected by searching for coded coronary artery operations such as bypass surgery or angioplasty.’
- ‘Other approaches meant to improve blood flow are angioplasty and bypass surgery.’
- ‘A minimally invasive alternative to carotid endarterectomy is angioplasty and stenting of a carotid stenosis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.