Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The development of new blood vessels.
- ‘Other important endocrine effects of leptin include immune function regulation, hematopoiesis, angiogenesis, and bone development.’
- ‘Similary, angiogenesis also speeds the development of diabetic retinopathy and macular degeneration.’
- ‘It has been shown that conditioned media from fibroblasts from patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis stimulates angiogenesis.’
- ‘Placed at the interface between normal and pathologic physiology is the formation of new blood vessels, or angiogenesis.’
- ‘It was not known whether new lymphatic growth could be specifically blocked without also affecting blood angiogenesis or existing lymphatic vessels.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.