Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The development of new blood vessels.
- ‘Similary, angiogenesis also speeds the development of diabetic retinopathy and macular degeneration.’
- ‘It has been shown that conditioned media from fibroblasts from patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis stimulates angiogenesis.’
- ‘It was not known whether new lymphatic growth could be specifically blocked without also affecting blood angiogenesis or existing lymphatic vessels.’
- ‘Placed at the interface between normal and pathologic physiology is the formation of new blood vessels, or angiogenesis.’
- ‘Other important endocrine effects of leptin include immune function regulation, hematopoiesis, angiogenesis, and bone development.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.