One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The development of new blood vessels.
- ‘Placed at the interface between normal and pathologic physiology is the formation of new blood vessels, or angiogenesis.’
- ‘Other important endocrine effects of leptin include immune function regulation, hematopoiesis, angiogenesis, and bone development.’
- ‘It was not known whether new lymphatic growth could be specifically blocked without also affecting blood angiogenesis or existing lymphatic vessels.’
- ‘Similary, angiogenesis also speeds the development of diabetic retinopathy and macular degeneration.’
- ‘It has been shown that conditioned media from fibroblasts from patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis stimulates angiogenesis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.