One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At first he pretended to be angry, but we just kept grinning angelically at him and eventually he started laughing and sat down to eat cheese and biscuits with us.’
- ‘Not all God's angels acted angelically, however.’
- ‘But they're ordinary little boys: reading angelically one moment, kicking seven bells out of each other the next.’
- ‘Periodically he would leave the stage and would be replaced by a young Italian soprano called Maria Borsi, who also sang angelically.’
- ‘Sylvia smiled angelically and said, ‘Alright, Daddy.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.