One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Borges rejects ‘words that postulate intuitive or angelical insights’, while, for his part, Proust ‘elevates his lack of knowledge to the level of universal truth and imposes it by maxim’.’
- ‘He said, ‘That may well be; for their look is angelical, and also it is fit that they should be joint-heirs with the angels in heaven.’’
- ‘The demon's eyes seemed to narrow intensely as they fixated their dark depths on the shimmering, angelical woman kneeling in the shallow water of the pond.’
- ‘Precisely because women were considered more likely to succumb to Satan's temptations, they were thought less likely to be the direct or particular beneficiaries of angelical apparitions.’
- ‘This, too, goes beyond my experience and my understanding of the ontological scale as consisting essentially of mineral, plant, animal, human, angelical, and divine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.