One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The hallucinogenic drug phencyclidine hydrochloride.
- ‘Drugs such as ketamine. LSD, angel dust and magic mushrooms are increasing in popularity.’
- ‘Geoffrey Rush bites into his role with all the relish of a community theater actor on angel dust and it's kind of fun to watch.’
- ‘As a result plot and characterisation aren't always at their steadiest but when you write, as Burchill once memorably described herself, like ‘an angel on angel dust,’ who cares?’
- ‘One instance cited by Thurlbeck concerns the case of a drug-dealer who he discovered had been supplying PCP, nicknamed angel dust.’
- ‘The potential for catastrophe rises after Francis becomes involved in Tim's latest scheme, which involves a pair of bolt cutters, a cougar, a dart full of angel dust and Sister Assumpta.’
- ‘Informed that a good narcotics agent should have an intimate knowledge of the subject, Hawke is easily bullied into smoking dope laced with angel dust.’
- ‘The best example, he says, is angel dust, the illegal drug PCP.’
- ‘Little did their parents know it was mostly being spent on angel dust and crack.’
- ‘So, yeah, well, I'm just wondering, man, is there anyone that can give me a definitive scientific, whatever, answer here to tell me how you tell if there's angel dust in weed, man.’
- ‘There're no good movies out and that club, Alejandro's, got busted last week for dealing out angel dust along with their drinks’ Kelly answered.’
- ‘Gary's soft voice broke the silence, ‘Codine, acid, alcohol, and a little bit of angel dust in the cigarettes.’’
- ‘Extreme experiences such as freaking out when accidentally smoking angel dust as a teenager were all recorded.’
- ‘He recovered quickly, and I could see that he was hopped up on angel dust, Tang, and Pop Rocks.’
- ‘One of the guys had this chemical engineering degree from MIT and invented black angel dust and I worked for him.’
- ‘In the late 1980s, Mr Brown and his third wife were widely reported to have a habit of getting high on angel dust, or PCP, an animal tranquilliser that tends to induce paranoid and often violent psychosis in humans.’
2another term for clenbuterol
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.