One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A South American shrub or small tree with large pendulous trumpet-shaped flowers, cultivated as an ornamental and in some regions consumed for its narcotic properties.
- ‘On warm summer evenings, a heady fragrance from angel's trumpet and heliotrope permeates the air, reminding the family of their former home in the islands.’
- ‘Geraldine Nelson had trouble keeping her potted angel's trumpet from blowing over in the New Jersey winds.’
- ‘The plants are an eclectic mix too: Italian cypress, kangaroo paws from Australia, timber bamboo from Asia, tropical bananas, and angel's trumpet mingle with existing English walnut trees.’
- ‘They showcase the sweetly fragrant yellow flowers of angel's trumpet (Brugmansia x candida) surrounded by a colorful tapestry of shorter flowers and foliage plants.’
- ‘In addition, would you recommend an angel's trumpet for this area, and if so, what would be the feeding schedule?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.