One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Concerning; about.‘I'll say a few words anent the letter’
regarding, concerning, with reference to, referring to, with regard to, with respect to, respecting, relating to, in relation to, on, touching on, dealing with, relevant to, with relevance to, in the context of, connected with, on the subject of, in the matter of, apropos, reView synonyms
- ‘Alan Clayton's letter anent the Battle of Trafalgar is wrong on two counts.’
- ‘She had been good enough to send written instructions in advance regarding what questions she could, and could not, be asked (nothing anent The Gathering Place documentary film).’
- ‘Be aware: the rhetoric anent minorities has been reversed, so that the rural community is now dismissed on the very grounds on which other groups were formerly mollycoddled.’
- ‘The same insouciance was evident in the other revelation anent local government last week.’
- ‘Despite the contrived jollity anent the election result last May, Liberal Democrats are not so completely out of touch with reality as to be deceived by their own propaganda.’
Old English on efen ‘in line with, in company with’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.