One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Some authors recognize anemophily as the principal pollination system for this family, while others indicate entomophily.’
- ‘Several pollination syndromes have been suggested to occur within the genus, including anemophily, epihydrophily (pollen transfer at the water surface), and hypohydrophily (entirely submersed pollination).’
- ‘In contrast, angiosperm have a wealth of pollination methods involving many different agents to transfer pollen, including insects, birds, bats, wind (anemophily), and water (hydrophily).’
- ‘I am interested in understanding how the morphological and ecological associations of anemophily reflect the aerodynamic requirements for effective pollen export and import.’
- ‘Vasquez studied pollination in A. vaginatum subsp. vaginatum in Mexico and concluded that anemophily predominated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.