Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for clownfish
- ‘Mike, 38, a company director, has 70 fish, including the Nemo clowns, angel fish and anemone fish.’
- ‘Most coral heads have clouds of resident anthias or damselfish, but here we find a cloud of aggressive clown anemone fish.’
- ‘Dozens of anemone fish were on top of the pinnacle, including tomato clown fish and Clark's anemone fish.’
- ‘Octopus, three species of lion fish, squadrons of squid, an occasional anemone fish, blue ribbon eels, nudibranchs, bump-headed blue parrots, three species of moray eels, and the occasional white tip shark made every dive a discovery.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.