One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In every indicator I get - anecdotally, talking to friends in all these swing states, looking at early voting patterns - is that this will be an extraordinarily large turnout.’
- ‘We know anecdotally and through research that some women will return to work as soon as their maternity income stops.’
- ‘Parents will tell you, anecdotally, that many schools do not follow up absences, just as many parents do not necessarily report their child's absence to schools.’
- ‘While I have no statistical evidence to support this, I have noticed anecdotally that ‘local’ students in Ph.D. programs are among the least likely to complete the dissertation.’
- ‘I have been told, anecdotally, that Maldon is one of the most vibrant and healthy towns in Essex, if not the east of England.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.