Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘From these men 2,700 had high andropausal symptom score and 1,670 underwent the laboratory tests.’
- ‘The company's advertisements claim that four or five million men are 'andropausal'.’
- ‘While some andropausal men may be able to experience an erection, impotency can occur during andropause.’
- ‘The third group are age-matched men with neither andropausal symptoms nor low testosterone.’
- ‘Surprisingly, the change isn't always noticed by men who are going through the andropausal stage.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.