One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of physiology and medicine which deals with diseases and conditions specific to men.
- ‘Churchhill Livingstone, 1997 • Mortimer D. Practical laboratory andrology.’
- ‘senior lecturer in andrology, University of Sheffield’
- ‘Allan Smith is senior lecturer in andrology, University of Sheffield.’
- ‘He is senior lecturer in andrology, University of Sheffield.’
- ‘It is a phenomenon noted by the professor, who is a specialist in andrology, the study of male reproductive health.’
- ‘Leeuwenhoek made groundbreaking observations in andrology by describing spermatozoa.’
- ‘Dr Sudhakar Krishnamurti is an internationally renowned, award-winning andrologist, India's only WHO impotence expert, and director of India's first andrology centre, Andromeda: Topaz, Greenlands, PO Box 1563, Hyderabad.’
- ‘Surgical Andrology (Male Erectile Dysfunction) - Wayne J. G. Hellstrom, MD This session will discuss the surgical approaches to different andrology procedures.’
- ‘This is one of our mini andrology labs that we do have some semen tanks, where we have lots of semen shipped to us.’
- ‘"The future for men with irreversible infertility is donor sperm insemination," said Dr N. Pandiyan, chief consultant, andrology and reproductive sciences at Chennai's Apollo Group of Hospitals.’
- ‘A seal failed on a container in the andrology laboratory, allowing some of the liquid nitrogen to escape.’
- ‘In the Sheffield incident, last September, a seal failed on a container in the andrology laboratory, allowing some of the liquid nitrogen to escape.’
- ‘It is a phenomenon noted by University of Indonesia professor Dr. H. Arjatmo Tjokronegoro, who is a specialist in andrology, the study of male reproductive health.’
Late 19th century: from andro- + -logy.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.