One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Almond's heavy eyeliner and camp androgyny made middle-aged men, in particular, so uneasy that they suddenly discovered pressing engagements in their potting sheds.’
- ‘What's wrong with a little - or a lot of - androgyny anyway?’
- ‘The androgyny of today, where everything is unisex and uniform, destroys culture by divorcing it from the reality of human existence.’
- ‘The Melbourne Writers Centre is dominated by women who will only tolerate strangely docile feminised men, who build towards an androgyny and collaborate in a general ‘dumbing down’ of the male.’
- ‘If androgyny proved unattainable in a small socialist society whose citizens self-selected for radical feminist convictions, how could one bring it about in contemporary America, where most people don't want it?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.