One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Almond's heavy eyeliner and camp androgyny made middle-aged men, in particular, so uneasy that they suddenly discovered pressing engagements in their potting sheds.’
- ‘If androgyny proved unattainable in a small socialist society whose citizens self-selected for radical feminist convictions, how could one bring it about in contemporary America, where most people don't want it?’
- ‘The Melbourne Writers Centre is dominated by women who will only tolerate strangely docile feminised men, who build towards an androgyny and collaborate in a general ‘dumbing down’ of the male.’
- ‘The androgyny of today, where everything is unisex and uniform, destroys culture by divorcing it from the reality of human existence.’
- ‘What's wrong with a little - or a lot of - androgyny anyway?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.