Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘One of the first and most significant experiences Genesis ever had was felt as a child of the early '60s, when he first witnessed a group of androgynously dressed mods traipsing through Manchester's Piccadilly Station.’
- ‘Kibbutz parents agreed to see their own children only two hours a day, and for the remaining 22 hours to surrender them to the collective, which would raise them androgynously (trying more to "masculinize" women than "feminize" men).’
- ‘Universally dark-haired, skinny and androgynously pretty, The Organ look at first sight like a female Strokes.’
- ‘She appears onstage with short hair, dressed androgynously in pants and a loose shirt.’
- ‘He stands 6'5" and is androgynously thin.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.