One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Universally dark-haired, skinny and androgynously pretty, The Organ look at first sight like a female Strokes.’
- ‘Kibbutz parents agreed to see their own children only two hours a day, and for the remaining 22 hours to surrender them to the collective, which would raise them androgynously (trying more to "masculinize" women than "feminize" men).’
- ‘He stands 6'5" and is androgynously thin.’
- ‘She appears onstage with short hair, dressed androgynously in pants and a loose shirt.’
- ‘One of the first and most significant experiences Genesis ever had was felt as a child of the early '60s, when he first witnessed a group of androgynously dressed mods traipsing through Manchester's Piccadilly Station.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.