Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Testosterone levels were not correlated with extent of androgenization or absence of feminization.’
- ‘However, androgenization of cows with testosterone treatment has had varying success.’
- ‘Neonatal hypothalamic androgenization in the female rat induces changes in peripheral insulin sensitivity and adiposity function at adulthood’
- ‘Recent studies have shown that the condition may be the result of insufficient or inappropriate androgenization of the brain at a critical stage of embryonic development.’
- ‘In addition, we have shown that androgenization of female rats neonatally leads to insulin resistance at adult age.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.