Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Researchers still don't know what makes a man susceptible to aggression and mania, but with more than a million Americans taking anabolic androgenic steroids there are good public health reasons for finding out.’
- ‘Testosterone is the androgenic hormone primarily responsible for normal growth and development of male sex and reproductive organs, but it also facilitates the development of male musculature, bone mass and fat distribution.’
- ‘One of the earliest examples of a synthesized and enhanced steroid was the androgenic steroids called androgenic anabolic steroids, which are more potent than testosterone.’
- ‘Drugs commonly referred to as ‘steroids’ are classified as anabolic, androgenic, and corticosteroids.’
- ‘Of course, exercise and weight-training are the natural routes to achieve this, but it can be achieved more easily, albeit at greater risk to health and reputation, by injecting anabolic androgenic steroids (AASs).’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.