Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘So much of claimed rationality is in fact androcentrism masquerading as value-free objective analysis.’
- ‘The religious difficulty of paternal imagery is not primarily due to its androcentrism or patriarchy.’
- ‘Feminists criticize the misogyny of philosophers and the overt and covert sexism, androcentrism, and related forms of male bias in philosophy.’
- ‘However, in swinging away from past androcentrism, the pendulum is in danger of going to the other extreme; sexism rubs both ways.’
- ‘Unfortunately, as Farquhar points out, these texts also normalize androcentrism.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.