One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounNorth American
A type of pork sausage, served typically as an hors d'oeuvre.
- ‘Examples of Cajun food include crawfish bisque and andouille (ie, spicy sausage) gumbo.’
- ‘The buffet is packed with stuff like sirloin, pork, shrimp, calamari, chicken, andouille and smoked sausage, as well as hamburger and hot dogs.’
- ‘To serve, spoon some gumbo into a soup bowl and top with some andouille sausage, rice, and scallions.’
- ‘It is a spicy, soupy stew that can feature a variety of ingredients - chunks of andouille sausage, pieces of chicken or game, crab claws, or shucked oysters.’
- ‘You've got crusty Italian bread slices topped with pepper jelly and andouille sausage in the middle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.