Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A black or dark brown soil formed from volcanic material, with an A horizon rich in organic material.
- ‘Pots were filled with soil (Humic haplic andosol) of high P-fixing capacity that had been collected from two fields.’
- ‘The analysis of metal fluxes in the soil, using in situ zero-tension lysimeters, showed that this andosol currently accumulates metal elements.’
- ‘A Santa Bárbara andisol that has been under different conservation noninversion systems for several years was evaluated to assess the effect of various soil uses on soil organic matter composition and stability.’
- ‘The shallow soils (andisol) are derived from fluvial gravel overlain by multiple Holocene volcanic ash deposits and aeolian dust.’
- ‘However, a strong relation between AEM-P and the organic matter content of the andosols emerged.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.