One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A black or dark brown soil formed from volcanic material, with an A horizon rich in organic material.
- ‘The shallow soils (andisol) are derived from fluvial gravel overlain by multiple Holocene volcanic ash deposits and aeolian dust.’
- ‘Pots were filled with soil (Humic haplic andosol) of high P-fixing capacity that had been collected from two fields.’
- ‘A Santa Bárbara andisol that has been under different conservation noninversion systems for several years was evaluated to assess the effect of various soil uses on soil organic matter composition and stability.’
- ‘However, a strong relation between AEM-P and the organic matter content of the andosols emerged.’
- ‘The analysis of metal fluxes in the soil, using in situ zero-tension lysimeters, showed that this andosol currently accumulates metal elements.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.