One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
And similar things.‘he had activities like the scouts and Sunday school and such’
- ‘How screws and such can work loose when a piece of equipment is left undisturbed and unused I do not know.’
- ‘As the evening cooled he did go out to cut hedges and such but otherwise he hid indoors out of the sun, just as Dolly and I did.’
- ‘We took the bus back home, and all the way back we were singing rugby songs and such.’
- ‘He grovelled for a while, asking me how I was and such, and then he sprung the question.’
- ‘That means after all is said and done with spending and such, they still have money left over.’
- ‘But in order to get a new job I need more free time so as to be able to pick up shifts and such.’
- ‘A zillion things went through my head as we went through the course outline and such.’
- ‘The average review score is four stars, and there are the usual tributes to the beautiful writing and such.’
- ‘You'll find primitive bridges and such all along the routes taken by the old pack horse caravans.’
- ‘It had its faults in the pretentious overacting and such, but it was as great as Hollywood movies can get.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.