One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used after a person's name to denote those people usually associated with them.‘the psycholinguistics of Jacques Lacan and company’
- ‘A great night of entertainment is promised by Pat Kearns and company.’
- ‘Baugh, Bravo, Mohammed and company may not be household names, but they have dragged West Indies back into this match and series.’
- ‘Taking that a step further, Cam Hayden and company also dig a bit deeper every year to find an act that many of us have not been exposed to on any level.’
- ‘A well-drilled draw will do, and Bayern possess the rearguard for that, even if Raul and company are attempting to pierce it.’
- ‘Created and performed by Marjorie Campbell, Michael Healey, Kristen Thomson and company.’
- ‘Having already established themselves as the biggest rock band in the world, it now seems that not even miracles are beyond Bono and company.’
- ‘Look for more than just Shakespeare from Richard Kenyon and company.’
- ‘We hope the cooking lessons can be resumed for Wouter and company!’
- ‘Jean is obviously new to Tyee exposure, and has only been a victim of a gross lack of objectivity from under the rule of Asper and company.’
- ‘The conference wrapped up last Friday evening, just in time for Mary and company to head down to Pigeon Island side lawn.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.