One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used after a person's name to denote those people usually associated with them.‘the psycholinguistics of Jacques Lacan and company’
- ‘Created and performed by Marjorie Campbell, Michael Healey, Kristen Thomson and company.’
- ‘A well-drilled draw will do, and Bayern possess the rearguard for that, even if Raul and company are attempting to pierce it.’
- ‘Look for more than just Shakespeare from Richard Kenyon and company.’
- ‘The conference wrapped up last Friday evening, just in time for Mary and company to head down to Pigeon Island side lawn.’
- ‘We hope the cooking lessons can be resumed for Wouter and company!’
- ‘Taking that a step further, Cam Hayden and company also dig a bit deeper every year to find an act that many of us have not been exposed to on any level.’
- ‘Baugh, Bravo, Mohammed and company may not be household names, but they have dragged West Indies back into this match and series.’
- ‘Jean is obviously new to Tyee exposure, and has only been a victim of a gross lack of objectivity from under the rule of Asper and company.’
- ‘Having already established themselves as the biggest rock band in the world, it now seems that not even miracles are beyond Bono and company.’
- ‘A great night of entertainment is promised by Pat Kearns and company.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.