Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Either or both of two stated possibilities.‘audio and/or video components’
- ‘What's your favorite thing to eat (and/or drink) on the bike?’
- ‘A true confession sincerely and truly expresses acceptance of full responsibility for one's actions and/or thoughts.’
- ‘You could experience nausea, insomnia, fatigue, and/or muscle cramps.’
- ‘I'd love to see pictures and/or video of that.’
- ‘Feel free to discuss any of the above, and/or to ask questions about any of it.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.