One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Very detailed analysis of something.‘the report's anatomization of social disadvantage’
examination, investigation, inspection, survey, scanning, study, scrutiny, perusalView synonyms
- ‘The 1930's work is excellent - a precise anatomisation of English building styles, with the aim of making the English actually think about their environment.’
- ‘Mayhew, despite the most pedantic anatomization of the condition and variety of street-sweepers, rarely feels obliged to allude to what is actually being swept.’
- ‘As in Updike's Rabbit novels, Villages provides, on a smaller scale, a breezy anatomization of American manners and mores over the last half-century.’
- ‘At least as important as the report's anatomization of social disadvantage was its very acknowledgement that previous Government attempts to solve the problems of disadvantaged neighbourhoods had not worked.’
- ‘Unlike other near contemporaries such as Thomas Dekker, Whetstone's anatomization of urban failings does not slip into cynicism, nor does he take a vicarious enjoyment in the vices he describes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.