Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘This state of the art machine combines advanced metabolic imaging with high-resolution rapid anatomic imaging.’
- ‘The CT Scan and MRI scan provide minute anatomic and pathological detail with non invasion.’
- ‘He does a good job of making highly technical anatomic, developmental and cellular issues clear to the lay reader.’
- ‘The choice of a suture material is based on the patient, the wound, the tissue characteristics and the anatomic location.’
- ‘There are both anatomic and physiological differences.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.