One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The above text has been part-of-speech tagged and skeleton parsed, as well as anaphorically annotated.’
- ‘Even though these anaphorically used pronouns were not very frequent, it is interesting that they occur.’
- ‘The pronoun form ‘they’ is anaphorically linked in the discourse to this person.’
- ‘The title is repeated anaphorically at the beginning of each stanza to develop a series of domestic and natural images that express the pleasure of receiving a Christmas card from a far-flung friend.’
- ‘He delves deeply into the linguistics literature on anaphorically used pronouns, especially the Discourse Representation Theory (of Heim and Kamp).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.