One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The title is repeated anaphorically at the beginning of each stanza to develop a series of domestic and natural images that express the pleasure of receiving a Christmas card from a far-flung friend.’
- ‘Even though these anaphorically used pronouns were not very frequent, it is interesting that they occur.’
- ‘He delves deeply into the linguistics literature on anaphorically used pronouns, especially the Discourse Representation Theory (of Heim and Kamp).’
- ‘The above text has been part-of-speech tagged and skeleton parsed, as well as anaphorically annotated.’
- ‘The pronoun form ‘they’ is anaphorically linked in the discourse to this person.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.